Understanding IT Outsourcing
There are still those who feel that outsourcing is a fairly recent practice, when in fact it’s been around since the 1970s. Companies looking to outsource their services and non-essential processes, and it worked.
Outsourcing IT became popular in the 80s and has experienced tremendous growth since its inception. The directors of Taylored Solutions have been working with the concept for over 20 years and gained unbridled industry experience and expertise.
What is IT Outsourcing?
Simply explained, it is the practice of using external subcontractors or resource providers to manage, implement and maintain a company’s IT systems.
This can involve several channels such as software development, infrastructure changes and service desk operations.
We hope you already enjoyed our previous blog on the Benefits of Outsourcing IT, which is an in-depth look at the benefits and cost saving areas when IT outsourcing.
At Taylored Solutions we provide a full suite of services and can handle most requirements from companies, no matter what size they are or industry sector.
IT Outsourcing Next Steps
The first steps are normally a detailed study within the business looking to outsource and a report that would help define if their requirements are for a fully managed service or additional niche support for an in-house IT team.
There are several core channels that most business appraise outsourcing for, such as
- Database development
- Disaster recovery
- Application development
- Application support
- Web hosting
Taylored Solutions cover all of these aspects within our service and much more. We are happy to offer consultancy and clearly map out the provisions and solutions provided and their benefits.
Part of many businesses drive to outsource their It is to benefit from the highest possible levels of technology and services, without the inherent costs
Once implemented as an ultimate step, you can focus on your core business and focus on the company’s goals, increasing your competitiveness and reducing operational costs.
Major IT outsourcing Types
Described as the 5 main types of IT outsourcing, these deliver a number of options..
- Cloud Computing–A contract with a 3rd party for IT services over the internet, under such terms as software as a service or Platform as a Service.
- Domestic outsourcing–Using a 3rd party contractor based in the same country as your business to provide the IT requirements, both in-house and off site.
- Offshore outsourcing–This involves forwarding your IT-related requirements to an outsource provider in a foreign country. Quality needs to be assured, and service hours can be an issue.
- Managed Services–Engaging the services of a reputable third party, to supply the requisite network management services, which may include telephone systems, messaging, firewall monitoring and internet security to name a few. A lot of which were also covered in our previous blog on the Benefits of Outsourcing IT.
- Nearshore outsourcing–Very similar to offshore, but normally using a neighbour country so that time zones and communication are easier.
IT Outsourcing Makes Sense
We hope you enjoyed a little expansion into what is meant by IT Outsourcing.
Taylored Solutions are industry leaders in this field, talk to us and lean on our experience.